This is a super simple recipe that you can throw together for a quick breakfast or as a quick bread for dinner. It’s also a great way to use up some starter!
1 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teapspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup butter, cold
1 cup sourdough starter
- Mix together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda
- Cut in the butter – I like to use a cheese grater to get the butter in fine pieces making it eaiser to mix in
- Mix in sourdough starter.
- Turn out dough onto lightly floured surface
- Knead a few times, until all of the flour is mixed in and your dough forms
- Pat/roll dough to 3/4″ and cut out biscuits or just roll them up into 8 equal sized balls and genlty flatten the top for a handrolled biscuit
- Place them on a baking sheet
- Bake at 425°F for 12-15 minutes, until slightly brown