I have always admired those folks who can just eat a tomato right off the vine. As a gardener, I wish I could do this. I try every summer, but the texture just does not flow well with my mouth feels and – yuck! I have to spit it out. But…if you jazz up tomatos in the form of ketchup, pasta sauce, pizza, soup and of course bruschetta then I am ready to chow down! This is one of the only recipes that I can get on board with that uses raw tomatoes so that should tell you something – its quick to make, delcious and refreshing!
- 8 roma tomatoes, diced OR 1 clamshell container of cherry tomatoes diced
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh basil (I use fresh parsley when basil isnt growing)
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese (the fresh kind – not the shakey cheese) or mozzarella pearls
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 loaf of crusty bread to eat it with
In a bowl, toss together the tomatoes, basil, Parmesan cheese, and garlic. Mix in the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, kosher salt, and pepper. Serve on toasted bread slices like this delcious and fail proof focaccia.